Super sweet, and juicy with no added sugar!
Depending on where you live in the world will depend on whether you call these fruit leathers, fruit rolls ups or just yummy sweet treats! We try to avoid anything with additional sugars or unnecessary nasty chemicals or ingredients. This recipe packs a punch in providing a sweet indulgence without the guilt.
As summer begins to fade in our Southern Hemisphere and the days become shorter, the fruit season begins to change. A big tub of strawberries at our local grocer was inspiration for this recipe.
I find the fruit is sweet enough without adding additional sugars but you can adjust to your own taste. Mango roll ups are also a huge hit in our house!
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
(Optional: cinnamon, sweetener such as stevia or maple syrup, mint, squeeze of lemon, mixed berries)
- Hull the berries and wash thoroughly.
- Blend in a food processor or thermomix. Speed 5 for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat.
Add chia seeds and any additional ingredients. Then gently mix to combine.
- Pour into lined dehydrator sheets.
- Pour evenly to ½ inch thick and set to 70° for 6 hours.
- Check after this time and adjust for more time, if needed. Timing will depend on the original thickness of the spread.
- Cut into straps and roll securing with a band or tie.
- End result will be sweet, chewy and delicious.
- Store in an airtight container.